Share this:

" />
Published On: Fri, Jul 24th, 2020

Sushant case: Kangana “willing and keen” to assist in the investigation

Share This
Tags

kangnaMUMBAI: Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut on Friday responded to a summon notice sent by the Mumbai Police to record her statement in connection with actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide. Responding through her counsel, the ‘Queen’ actor said she is willing to extend any help in the case.

After Sushant Singh was found hanging at his apartment in Mumbai’s Bandra in June, Ranaut had hit out at nepotism culture prevailing in Bollywood. Kangana Ranaut is currently in Himachal Pradesh’s Manali, her hometown, due to COVID-19 pandemic.
To the Mumbai Police’s request to appear at Bandra Police Station on any day from July 27-31, 2020, for the purpose of recording her statement, Ranaut’s counsel said that the actor is “willing and keen” to assist in the investigation. However, since Ranaut had gone back to Manali in March 2020, she would not be travelling to Mumbai due to COVID-19 pandemic.

The counsel suggested if the Mumbai Police could provide a questionnaire or send a police officer to her home in Manali for recording her statement. If this is not possible, Ranaut’s legal team has offered to arrange “some electronic medium for recording of her statements online at mutually convenient time”.
The response further said: “The entire nation is shaken by the mysterious death of Sushant Singh Rajput and we hope a thorough and transparent investigation will be done, in order for him to get justice”.
Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead at his apartment in Mumbai’s Bandra on June 14. The 34-year-old actor died by suicide, police say.A day after the actor’s death, Kangana Ranaut had released a two-minute video speaking highly of the Sushant Singh Rajput and alleging that he was a victim of nepotism in the film industry.
The police have so far questioned a few Bollywood personalities in the case, including casting director Mukesh Chhabra, Yash Raj Films (YRF) Chairman Aditya Chopra, YRFs casting director Shanoo Sharma and film critic Rajeev Masand.

Sushant Singh Rajput debuted in the 2013 film “Kai Po Che” and went on to do several films, including “PK”, “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story”, “Kedarnath”, “Sonchiriya” and “Chhichhore” – one of his last films that was widely appreciated.
His death led to a deluge of tribute and recriminations on social media involving the Hindi film industry, which has been battling allegations of nepotism and cliques.
(Bureau Report with Agency Inputs ).

Print

About the Author

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>