Deepika playing tennis with Irrfan on ‘Piku’ sets video: ‘please come back Irrfan’

DeepikaMUMBAI : Actress Deepika Padukone worked with the iconic actor of Indian cinema, late Irrfan Khan in Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Piku’ along with Amitabh Bachchan. The movie recently completed 5 years and the actress got all nostalgic, especially since Irrfan left this material world for his heavenly abode on April 29, 2020.
Deepika shared an old video from ‘Piku’ sets where she and Irrfan enjoyed a game of tennis. Her caption is what all of us feel: please come back!
Now, once again, Deepika has shared a throwback video of a tennis game with Irrfan Khan and has urged the actor to come back. Irrfan Khan left the world for his heavenly abode on April 29, 2020, and left the entire Bollywood in shock and in grief. The late star had a colon infection and was admitted to the hospital a day before his demise.
Taking to Instagram on Saturday, Deepika shared the throwback video and penned a heartbreaking request for the late actor, “please come back! #irrfankhan.” In the video, we can see Deepika and Irrfan playing a game of tennis on the sets of Piku back in the days.

A day back, the film completed 5 years and Amitabh and Deepika remembered Irrfan with heartfelt posts. When Deepika had heard about Irrfan’s demise, she shared a black photo on her Instagram handle and was heartbroken by the loss of her friend.

A day back, Deepika shared a candid photo of Irrfan and herself on the sets of Piku with director Shoojit Sircar and remembered him. She also dedicated the song Lamhe Guzar Gaye from Piku to late Irrfan with the throwback photo. Once again, Deepika had a heartbreaking request for the actor and it left netizens resonating with her.
In fact, Amitabh Bachchan too in his blog post remembered Irrfan Khan and Sridevi, with whom his iconic film ‘Khuda Gawah’ completed 28 years. Sridevi breathed her last on February 24, 2018, in Dubai where she had gone to attend a family wedding. She died of ‘accidental drowning’ in a hotel bathtub.
Irrfan, 53, battled a rare form of cancer – Neuroendocrine Tumour for two long years and had shared the news of his illness first on social media. He even went to London and underwent a treatment for it for more than a year. He died at Mumbai’s Kokilaben Hospital on April 29, 2020, where he was admitted a day before.
(Mumbai Bureau With Agency Report).

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *